Help with Variables

Apr 25, 2016

Hello all,

I have a course that where I want the learner to see key information about the company's history. After they've viewed all the screens I have a button set to change from hidden to visible. As the user views each layer a count of 1 is added to a particular variable. Once that variable hits 15 the button should change state. I can't seem to get it to work. Any thoughts or suggestions?

4 Replies
Steve VE

Because the variable is being evaluated "when the timeline starts" it is returning a value of 0 and the button won't be shown.

Considering this is a linear slider and the user can't skip around a simpler solution would be to place the "show button" trigger on the final layer (2014). No variable required.

If you're dead set on using a variable, place the trigger on the final layer and be sure to put it after the current "add" trigger.

Jesse Kramer

Thank you Steve. You started me down the path I needed to be on. I started with your suggestion which worked exactly as described but then because I want users to be able to access the Questions button regardless of what layer they are on after it becomes visible I set the trigger to be "Change state of" Treasure button 1 to "Normal" when the Slider moves Slider 1 Equal to 15. If a user returns to this page I want to minimize the possibility of confusion on the learners part. I hope what I'm saying makes sense. Thank you for the help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.