How to Export Storyline 360 project to PowerPoint?

Dec 17, 2018

Hi,

I would be grateful for any advice on how to export or convert an existing Articulate Storyline 360 project into a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation? 

We use Articulate often but on an upcoming occasion we need to be able to quickly export/convert our .story presentations to PPT; any solutions?

Thank you so much!

Respectfully,

Andrew Farmer

57 Replies
Brett Conlon

Yeah, wow, that's weird. It's showing the PDF font as T1 - is that what you've used in the Storyline file? The resulting font in the PPT file is Times New Roman. There's some parts of ther PPT file that are usable, but for the most part... it's a mess!

Perhaps try replacing the font with something more "generic" in the Storyline file, just for the export process, then change it back when it's in PPT?

Are you using current versions of Storyline/Acrobat?

Deb Gyde

Hi  Ben & Brett,

Thanks for looking through this thread.  I'm glad you could at least get the PDF extract.  I'm on Office 365 so can no longer export Storyline to Word as it's trying to save as a .doc instead of .docx file which is no longer supported.  (which is a different conversation thread with Articulate).  So this work around doesn't work for me any longer.  I'm no exporting everything as a translation file and then having to clean up the exported document in order to get something remotely useable for course reviews.  Having a better export function would be a game changer for us - and seems to be something Articulate needs to invest in if it wants to stay in the authoring game, as there are other tools out that provide this. 

Will Findlay

You said:

I'm on Office 365 so can no longer export Storyline to Word as it's trying to save as a .doc instead of .docx file which is no longer supported.

Is this because of a recent update to Word? I am on Office 365 and it can open .doc files and save as .doc files. My first step is to open the Storyline produced .doc file in Word and save it to .docx. 

Deb Gyde

Hi Will, 

we are running Microsoft 365 Enterprise and Windows 11 and it's happening for all of our team.  this thread below shows it's happening for others as well.  It could be organisation wide settings, as we have similar issues with opening old PPT rather than .pptx files.  .doc file types are legacy files and require conversion, however I get an error in Articulate if I try and download in that format. 

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/cannot-export-storyline-to-word