How to have a 100% score in LMS without having a quiz in a module ?

Jul 04, 2023

Hi,

I have a module E-learning which is composed of several videos.  And I want the LMS show a 100% score when users finish watching all the videos in this module. 

I've tried several ways, like add a freeform quiz or add a complete course trigger, but it still doesn't work in Scorm cloud and in the LMS of my company. 

So, how can I configure my module to have a 100% score shown in the LMS please ?

Thanks a lot !

6 Replies
Judy Nollet
  • Set up a quiz question (standard or freeform) that the user will definitely answer correctly.
    • For example, this could be a multiple-choice/pick-one question that asks if they're ready to complete the course or to acknowledge their understanding. 
    • It could also be a disguised question. For example, show the learner some summary info. In the background (either covered or off the slide), have a question-response button. Use a trigger to change that button to selected when the timeline starts. Use the Slide Properties to show the Prev & Next buttons and hide the Submit button. Put the "Submit __ interaction" trigger on the Next button. 
  • To submit that correct answer to the LMS, you also need to include a Results slide. Again, it doesn't have to look like a Results slide. It could just show a "Thanks for completing this course" message, or something similar. 
Judy Nollet

This old post includes a file that demonstrates a disguised question and results. Perhaps this will help you figure out how to make your file work:

TIP: Completion in Storyline 3 Without Quiz Questions or Tracking By Slides Viewed - Articulate Storyline Discussions - E-Learning Heroes 

If not, I suggest you upload a .story file with your question slide and results slide. Then it'll be available for anyone to troubleshoot if/when they have the time. 

Judy Nollet

I'm glad you found a solution.

I did look at your test-validation file. The problem was that the trigger to submit the question was after the trigger to jump to the next slide:

Trigger order is very important. The program can't run a trigger if it has already gone to another slide. That is why it wasn't working. 

By the way, you don't need a trigger to hide the Submit button. That can be done with the Slide Properties. 

See it working in the attached version.