I'm new here - Trying to get data entry field working (Storyline 360)

Apr 24, 2020

Hi all,

I'm new here and wasn't sure where to post. Please direct me to another section of the community if there is a more appropriate one where I can ask advice.

I've been an ID for some time but am new to Articulate, but am loving it! I am working through some of David Andersons Articulate training on Linkedin learning.

I am stuck with getting Input -> data entry field to work. I think I have set it up okay but when I test it, it doesn't seem to be working. The reference it should be pulling through is %FirstName%; however, when I type in my first name in the box and then use that reference elsewhere in my training it is not pulling the reference through - so my first name doesn't show.

I'm sure I am making a school boy error somewhere. Is there a common error that I could be making that newbies to Articulate make?

Thanks in Advance

Carlton

2 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Carlton and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for contacting us and sharing what you would like to create.

I can see that Gil has shared some resources here for you. With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.