Interactive buttons

Jan 30, 2024

I have several button on a back ground page that I would like the video or audio to play when I click a certain button.  This has been set up.  What I want to do is prevent anyone from clicking all of them at the same time and to have the continue button appear when all of them have been selected and played.

The third slide in the story attached

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Here are two easy ways to force the user to "play" each layer. 

or

• In the Slide Layer Properties, select the "Prevent user from clicking on the other layers" checkbox.

Note that you'll need to add a "Close" button to each layer so the user will be able to click items on the base layer again. You could have that appear when the layer's timeline ends.

I suggest that you add the "Line #" text directly to the rectangle shapes. Or use square text boxes with a border and fill for those buttons. That will let you put the triggers on an individual object (instead of a Group). The advantage? You can add a Visited state to an individual object.  Each object would automatically change to Visited when clicked. Then you could have your Continue button change to Normal when all of those objects reach the Visited state. 

If you don't use that method, you'll need to use variables and conditional triggers to track when all of the layers have been visited.