Internet Explorer Compatibility

Jul 03, 2019

We have a client who has posed the question, “How do we make courses compatible with Internet Explore?”  I am not sure how to answer as I know there have been issues with IE the preferred browser is Chrome, but they have over 10k learners they can’t control all of the users computer set ups.  So what is the latest with regard to IE and Storyline?  

Thanks to the community!

5 Replies
Melanie Sobie

FYI - I have found that if IE is running in compatibility mode, HTML5 will probably not work.  If compatibility mode is forcing IE to run in an older version where HTML5 was not supported, the course will not work. 

Within this discussion, there's a nice link/tool from Matthew Bibby that can tell you how the IE browser is handling the compatibility mode. 

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/what-we-re-doing-about-flash?_ga=2.10530803.658411116.1563137290-914648446.1563137290&page=8

Bill McKee

Running IE 11 - Open my LMS (Cornerstone) website. Transcript page listing all my courses is IE 11 (verified by selecting gear icon > F12 Developer Tools > selecting monitor icon). However, when I Launch my Storyline 360 course it opens a new tab which "defaults" to IE 10 Compatibility. Does anyone know why?  Is this a setting when publishing the course in Storyline; is it an IE thing? How can I change this so it doesn't perform this way? Please help. 

Watch this PEEK video to illustrate.

Thank you

Melanie Sobie

Hi Bill,

Check to see what the IE Compatibility setting is within Cornerstone. First go to the catalog details for the course and at the bottom of the first screen, you should have "None" selected. 

There is a global system setting that also controls this in Cornerstone preferences. But if you need to change that, it will only apply to newly published courses. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.