Issue with rotating grouped objects in Storyline 360

Apr 16, 2020

Dear Articulate Community,

Since a couple of month I have issues with rotating grouped objects. I am not able to rotate any grouped objects that are a combination of shapes and pictures without messing up their positioning. It does work with grouped objects consisting only of shapes though.

I have made a little scree-recording to show the issue (left side: Group consisting of shapes only, right side: Group of shape and picture)
https://360.articulate.com/review/content/cdeb1aa5-3017-46ac-a1dc-ffe2367a83d6/review 

Together with IT I installed various version of Storyline, but the issue persists. Currently I have Build 3.38.21779.0 installed.

It is really driving me crazy, especially as it does work on my co-workes computer. We have the same laptop with the same software installed. Theoretically there should be no difference.

Does anyone has an idea what the issue might be or has experienced something similar?

Thank you for your help.

Best,
Dominik

10 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Dominik,

Thank you for contacting us to share what you are experiencing and for the helpful video.

I assume that your colleague must be using Update 35 or earlier. We did identify an issue in Update 36 that our team is looking into.

I'll add this conversation to the report and if you need this functionality in the meantime, you can install Update 35.

How to Install a Previous Version of an App

Dominik Ginthier

Dear Leslie,

I wanted to quickly check, if there has been a solution for the problem I reported last year? Unfortunately I am still experiencing the same behavior in Build 3.51.24979.0. Please find a new screen recording below:
https://360.articulate.com/review/content/05f796ca-1f44-4ebf-9922-5d6552d162a4/review

Thank you.

Best regards,
Dominik

Steven Benassi

Hi Nina!

Sorry to hear you've also been affected by this issue!

I've included you in the bug report and will update this discussion as soon as a fix is in place! I'm hopeful our talented community will be able to offer insight and suggestions!

In the meantime, for your reference, here's a deeper look at how we tackle bugs.