Knowledge Checks

May 01, 2021

Hello all!

I am struggling with knowledge checks and I can't figure out what I'm missing. I want to create a knowledge check that will allow 2 attempts when the incorrect answers are selected the learner will be taken back to the knowledge check which will be reset.  In settings, I have selected "return to initial..." for the correct and incorrect layer as well as the base layer. This will reset but then does not stop the learner after 2 attempts rather allows them to go indefinitely. When I unclick "return to initial..." the 2 attempts are enforced.  In either scenario, number of attempts selected is 2 as I checked for the base slide and layer.  What am i missing?  How should my knowledge checks be set up to reset after each attempt but only allow 2 attempts before showing the correct feedback and moving to next slide?  

Any guidance would be so greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!!

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

Hi, Trista,

In my experience, it's best to set the slide/layer properties to "Automatically Decide" for revisiting question slides. That'll let the program do what it's designed to do. 

BTW, the default behavior is that the program will only show the Correct feedback layer if the user answers correctly within the allowed attempts. If the user finishes the allowed attempts without answering correctly, the program will show the Incorrect feedback layer. You can add text to that layer to explain what the correct answer is.