Lastest December 2017 updates made SL360 unable to open for me

Dec 15, 2017

I’ve recently submitted a support case for this issue, but wanted to see what others here might have to say while I wait for a response from Articulate.

After installing the latest update to Storyline 360, Dec 12, 2017, Build 3.11.14180.0 (and later, the Dec 14, Build 3.11.14192.0update), I can no longer launch Storyline. Each time I try to open it, it fails and I see an error message, “Articulate Storyline 360 has stopped working” (Windows 7).

This has rendered the product unusable for me. I’ve never encountered such issues as this with earlier SL360 updates, or SL2 or SL1 versions before.

At first I just tried rebooting after performing the update and problem first began; this had no results. Then, I tried uninstalling and re-installing SL360 via the Articulate 360 panel. After this didn’t work, I uninstalled the entire Articulate 360 and reinstalled it, and SL360, but I have still run into the same dilemma.

I don’t know if this is currently a known issue, and one that might get fixed in a future SL360 update. I’m wondering if it’s possible to find and download a previous SL360 version to install. The last working update for me was November 14, 2017 (Build 3.10.13923.0).

16 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Good news for your Friday, Scott! We just released another update for Storyline 360 which includes a fix for the issue where Storyline stopped working after installing Update 11.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Claire Dervout

Hi, 

Is that possible to see what has changed with this update. I have been having issues since the updates like a screen that only appears with the background and without all the other elements. I have opened the file on another computer with the previous version and it is working well. Another example is a trigger that is working the first time but not the second one. 

Have you heard of other people with this kind of isssues? I might need to go back to the previous version for the time being. 

Thanks 

Claire 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Claire,

You can always find all the fixes and features listed here. 

If you think you've run into another bug with the latest updates, and need to roll back to an earlier version, our support engineers are happy to help you out! They'll test to confirm the bug and then can provide you a link to an earlier version if it appears that the bug was something introduced recently. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.