Layers

Apr 18, 2014

Hi everyone

I am looking to find a way of showing layers which are hidden on a different slide. Different layers will be shown based on which tick boxes are ticked by the user.

5 Replies
Gerry Wasiluk

This should do doable with variables and triggers with conditions.

For each tick mark, create a True/False variable with an initial value of "False."   Clicking the tick mark should change its corresponding variable to "True."  Then add a second trigger to clicking the tick mark that moves to the desired target slide.

Then, on the target slide, add a trigger that moves to a desired layer IF your variable equals "True."  I'd attach that an object (like a rectangle shape) that is off canvas.  Have the shape appear on the timeline at the .5 second mark of the timeline.  Have this last trigger fire when the timeline begins for the rectangle shape.

(You could have this last trigger fire when the timeline begins for the slide, but I've found a little delay often insures things work.  Sometimes it seems that so many things "happen" at the beginning of a slide that a trigger gets skipped over.)

Repeat as needed for other tick marks.

Does this help get you started?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ian and welcome to Heroes!

You'll need to change your triggers a bit. You  have it set to show the layer when "Room" changes - but it's not changing on that slide, the change has already occurred. So instead, you'll want to set it to show the layer when the timeline starts with the condition that Room is equal to True. You'll want to set the same up for Sea. You will also want to place these two buttons into a button set so that the user can only click on one of them- or else you risk seeing both layers (which may be want you want too). 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.