Layers in Storyline 2

Nov 01, 2016

Hi All

I am having an issue with layers in Storyline.  When I preview my project the layers behave as they should e.g. each time I click on a layer all the other layers are hidden.
When I publish the project and run it the layers stack rather than hide so when I add a hide layer trigger on the last layer it just shows the previous layer rather than returning to the base layer.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

It's as if the 'hide other layers' option isn't working when published.

The only thing that I am doing different to normal is opening other layers from within layers.

Regards

6 Replies
Dave Cox

Hi Wes,

The "Hide other layers" option causes all other layers (except the base layer) to be hidden the the layer with this option selected is shown. I just tested it, and as far as I can tell, it works as expected. If it isn't working for you, you could also try hiding your layer with a trigger set with the same conditions that you are using to display the next layer.

I'm including my test file for you to look at. Click the text boxes to show each progressive layer. 

Slide one only shows one layer at a time.

Slide two shows each layer as you select them, and hides all three layers when you click layer 3. 

The base layer will always display in this test.

If you still can't get it to work, you might want to post a sample of your file for the community to look at as James suggested.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.