Lightbox functionality stopped with SL360

May 21, 2018

Hello we recently updated from Storyline 2 to Storyline 360. Withing our SL2 courses we have a trigger set on the master slide to open a lightbox whenever a user hits ctrl+num 7 ... this had worked previously when exporting from sl2, but now it no longer functions. I do not get any errors in the console when hitting ctrl+num 7.

One thing i did notice, the exports from sl2 are launched in a frame using a 'legacy player'... It appears now the sl360 courses are launching in HTML5 format.

I am trying to narrow down what is causing the difference in this lightbox from opening. Any insight would be appreciated. If there are any details I did not provide, let me know and ill be happy to explain further.

Thank you

12 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi David, 

With Storyline 360 you'll find that there is now an option for HTML5 only or HTML5 first publishing (with Flash as a fallback option if needed). That would explain the differences you may be seeing at publish or in the player, but the keypress triggers should still work. Can you let me know what browser(s) you're testing in and where you've uploaded the content?

If you'd like to share a copy of the .story file I can also take a look at all your settings and do a few tests! 

David Phenicie

I narrowed down the issue a bit. The trigger to open the light box was attatched to a symbol. I did this to be able to copy the trigger to different master slides.

When i add the trigger directly to the slide it opperates correctly. It does not function when the trigger is attached to the symbol. Again this did work in SL2, so im not sure if this is a glitch or something i need to change on all my existing courses?

Thank you

David Phenicie

Hello Leslie, I am inquiring the best approach to copy triggers to multiple master slides.

In SL2 I attached the triggers to a object, and then just copy/pasted the object to all the master slides. From the discussion above it seems this is no longer working in SL360, so I am trying to find a technique to copy these triggers between slides (and possibly courses) without manually adding the trigger to every master slide in every course.

Phil Mayor

Adding them to an object is the best way at the moment to copy multiple triggers to a slide, unfortunately triggers based on key presses really should be on the slide now to ensure they work properly.

How many slide masters do you have? It should be simple to paste them to the parent master and this will propogate

David Phenicie

Hi Phill Sorry for the long delay. Unfortunatley most of our earlier coruses have a ton of master slides. Not sure the reasoning, but when our courses were covnerted from PPT to storyline it automatically created a long list of master slides. On our newer courses we are working at cleaning up the master slides from the begining and converting all the slides to use a small subset of master slides.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.