Lightbox Issue

Apr 17, 2013

Hi

I have had an issue with Lightbox. I have made a video screencast (view mode) using Storyline and the entire file is comprised of several screencast scenes, with each scene representing an unique topic.  A return button is set up on the last slide of each scene and Lightbox applied to it takes users back to the menu slide from which they can again proceed to any of the scenes by clicking on the menu buttons. "Lightbox close" is attached to each of the menu buttons on the menu slide and they are placed above the "Jump to slide" trigger in the Trigger panel so that the Lightbox closes before users jump to any of the scenes. The problem is, the videocast on the first slide of whichever scene you jump to would not start automatically if the slide is visited through Lightbox.  Any idea why?  Thank you in advance for your help!

21 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Jin,

This should work if you have the option for the video to automatically play in the slide selected. When you have the video(s) selected, do you currently have "Play Video: Automatically" selected under the "Options" tab? 

If you're already using that option for the videos, can you tell me if you have any other triggers tied to the video? It's possible there may be a conflict.

Also, if you're able to share the .STORY file here, I'd be happy to take a look.

Thanks!

Christine

Jin Hiya

Christine,

Thank you for your reply. Can you please have a look at the file for me? On the Menu slide, there are five diffrent blue bars which take you to different scenes upon click. The first 4 scenes are made up of screencast slides and the last scene contains just one static slide. If you go to one of the 5 scenes and jump back to the Menu slide through Lightbox, No 1" Embed a Chart" and No 3. "Change the Chart Type" screencasts will not proceed automatically. Why is that? Thank your for your help with this! 

I cannot seem to upload the file now for the life of me.  I will upload it shortly.

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Jin!

Sorry about that! If the file's too large, it may not post here. You're welcome to send it over in a support case, if you'd like. That system should be able to handle the file. Simply request my attention when you submit the case and it should be assigned to me. If not, just share the case number with me once you receive the confirmation and I'd be happy to check it out.

You'll be able to attach the .STORY file on the second page of the following form:

Articulate Support - Submit a Support Case

Thanks, Jin :)

Christine

Blake Griffin

I had a similar issue once.  I seem to recall that it had something to do with navigating from a lightbox to a step by step view mode slide.  specifically it was the screencast objects in the timeline causing the issue if I remember correctly. 

Have you tried to add a basic slide to the beginning of each scene with the screencasts?  Like a sub-section title slide.  And then that slide will automatically lead to the screencast.

Blake Griffin

Jin,

Did the last slide of the lightbox have a screencast... maybe if you inserted a plain slide at the end of that one before it jumps to the next slide... just an idea.  Kind of puzzled why it would do that also... good luck with it... I hope you get a resolution.  I am sure you will the folks at Articulate are GREAT.  

Christine Hendrickson

Good morning everyone!

Thanks so much for jumping in here to help, Blake. I appreciate that!

However, after looking at Jin's file this morning, I was able to verify this as a known issue we're currently working to resolve.

I'm sharing the information I sent to Jin, just in case anyone else runs into this:

You may find that a slide in Articulate Storyline startsout paused when you click a button inside a lightbox that triggers both of thefollowing actions:

*Close lightbox*  Jump to slide

Please review the following article for more information:

http://www.articulate.com/support/kb_article.php?product=st1&id=7y2vn0fexr0v

Hopefully some of those workarounds will help with the problem.

Thanks! I hope you both have a great weekend,

Christine

Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Sunita,

Looks like this issue was actually resolved in our last update. Can you tell me what version of Storyline you're using, please? To find this information, click on "Help" and "About Articulate Storyline".

If you're not running version 3 (1305.2012), please download and install the update using the link below:

Articulate - Storyline Update 3

Once you've finished installing the update, please let me know if you still have trouble with this.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.