Links are not working and the quality of html5 output

Hello! I'm trying to publish storyline training, and I found some issues such as:

1. Links are not working if the user doesn't log in into PC with the administrator account.

They work well with the administrator account, but it doesn't work when using guest account.

I checked the internet option like restricted sites and pop-up blocker and it doesn’t look like the browser doesn't block anything.

Is there anybody who has same issues?

2. Html5 output doesn't have same quality as html output has...?

html5: http://screencast.com/t/tmxeoHkD

html: http://screencast.com/t/tmxeoHkD

Html5 looks more blurry and the font on the sidebar is not good as html one.

Any good idea for making the quality of html5 better?


We have not created the Spanish training from scratch. We have translated the text and then imported back to the storyline.

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Soogyung,

In regards to your first question, is this the LMS you're saying that they need to log into? I haven't seen that before - but you may want to check the behavior by loading it to SCORM Cloud which is an industry standard testing method for SCORM content. 

As for your second question, player elements, such as the title and menu, may look blurry in HTML5 content when compared to the crispness of the Flash version of the same course. This can occur if you've chosen to scale the player to fill the browser window.

This issue stems from how web browsers currently handle text that dynamically scales in HTML5 content. To prevent the loss of quality due to scaling, lock the player at optimal size rather than allowing it to fill the browser.

Hope that helps! 

Soogyung Gwon

Hi Ashely,

Thank you for the answer.

I will try the solution you're mentioning about the the second issue!

About the first issue, it is Microsoft Window OS that they are supposed to log in into.

I tested it with the output in my desktop.

I investigated the behavior on SCORM Cloud after reading you comment.

In this case, the browser is terminated forcibly when the mailto hyper-links are clicked. It happened with Chrome.

But all links worked fine in Explorer.

It would be very nice if I can find a way to fix Chrome case as well!

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Soogyung,

It sounds like you're using an email trigger, and those can be particularly tricky as they rely on the user having an email client installed (for example, Microsoft Outlook), and they must have an account configured in the program. Additionally, the email client program must allow JavaScripts and HTML submits. Some programs, like Lotus Notes and Groupwise, do not allow these features.  Therefore, they will not work.

Tighter security restrictions in modern web browsers, operating systems, and anti-virus programs can also interfere with this process. We recommend testing your content in its final environment to determine if the email trigger will work for your users.

Soogyung Gwon

Hello Ashley,

Yes, I'm using an email trigger.

I found some thread in forum which is exactly same to what I experienced.

http://community.articulate.com/forums/p/22017/131212.aspx

I think I can try URL/File trigger instead of email trigger.

For the second issue, thank you. Your solution was very helpful!