LMS Status Reporting

Apr 26, 2013

Hi

I need urgent advice regarding my Storyline courses.  I'll try and explain the situation as simply as possible.

When uploading courses to our LMS (Oracle PeopleSoft), the zipped course is uploaded to their server, then the imsmanifest.xml file is uploaded to the Course code activity.  My problems are as follows:

1.  If the course is amended it gets republished and reuploaded to the server, however, our LMS developers advise that the imsmanifest.xml file should NOT be reuploaded.  The reason being that any learner history gets deleted for that particular course.

2.  They asked me to publish using the status "Passed/Incomplete".  If the learner does not pass the minimum pass rate (80%), their status will show as "In Progress".  If the learner passes, their status will show as "Completed".  This did not work since the status showed as Completed even though they failed.

3.  They then asked me to republish using "Passed/Failed".  Obviously, I had to also reupload the new imsmanifest.xml file, otherwise the LMS would take the information from the original Passed/Incomplete status. This also does not work, since the status shows as Completed when the learner fails.

Attached is an image showing both scenarios.  They are adamant that the course is constructed incorrectly and I disagree.  Has anyone had any similar experiences with this LMS?  I really need some guidance and be sure of my facts before contacting them.   

Thanks for listening.

12 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Tex!

Have you tested your course in SCORM Cloud? This would help us determine if the issue is Articulate related or if it's on your LMS's side. If you're using AICC content please take a look at the article below for testing information:

Articulate Support - Testing AICC content at SCORM Cloud

If it appears in SCORM Cloud as well, we'd be happy to take a closer look at what might be going on.

If you can't replicate the issue in SCORM Cloud, it's probably an issue that you'd want to take to your LMS team. 

The articles here and here may also help clear up common LMS issues.

Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks!

Yuan Lynda

Hi Tex,

I have the exact problem with the tracking passing status with people soft oracle.

I select the failed/passed tracking. When learner passed the quiz with min 80% score, it is recorded as Completed and Passed. No problem.

However, when learner failed, the LMS capture it as 'Completed' and 'Passed'. It should not be passed. Only when learner re-launch the quiz, will he/she see that the status is  'failed' with actual scores under the 'Class Content' page.

I am puzzled. How did you resolve with Oracle?

Yuan Lynda

Thanks. This problem is resolved by adding in the passing score in the people soft LMS. By doing this, the passing score is now captured as 'Failed' and progress status is 'Not Completed'. The progress status will only changed to 'Completed' when the learner retry and pass.

By the way, I have another problem. I had been trying to install the free trail - Studio 360 on my laptop over the last 2 days and still fail. Managed to download the installer but fail to install the learning software.  Any advise?

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Yuan - Glad you were able to get that resolved. Thanks for sharing the solution.

I'm not sure if you are getting an error of some sort? We have documentation with some common installation errors here that you are welcome to take a peek at. Within that documentation is a link to reach out to our support engineers if those do not address your issue.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.