Custom Menu Problem.

Aug 14, 2016

Hi there I have an issue with my Articulate menu. Can any please help as this project is on such a tight deadline and I'm at my wits end.

The menu is built as a hidden layer in the slide master. When the menu icon is clicked it appears from the left and shows where the user has been. The user can then if they wish go back to pages they had visited and then return to the menu to return or resume where they left off. The only problem with this is the menu is not working consistently when you navigate to a different page, sometimes it closes automatically and sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it just remains on the page until you click the close menu icon. I have set up all the variables and triggers exactly the same for each text box on the menu and the states work perfectly but can pages with layers already affect the menu because it also a layer.

3 Replies
mark scurr

I have solved my problem. The fix was... each of the pages was set to 'Automatically decide' when revisited in the slide properties, so this caused the menu to act randomly depending on what the slide decided was the best course of action and presented the content in different ways depending what the user had clicked on, so each slide decided differently how to present its self when revisited. This effected the menu when it was shown over a slide which had options and layers. I then set the each page to 'RESET TO INITIAL STATE' when revisited. fixed the problem with the menu :-)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.