MP4 file size limit in Storyline360?

Jul 02, 2018

Hello,

I've been doing some research and I can't seem to find a specific answer to what the maximum mp4 file size is that storyline360 can handle. Does anyone have an answer? 

I've read that there is no limit to the amount of slides you can create, however is there an over all limit to the amount of mp4s you can use based on the sum of their file size within one project?

Additionally, is it possible to have Storyline360 or Rise open within a LMS such as blackboard, as opposed to a separate window?

Thank you!

1 Reply
Crystal Horn

Hey there, Carter.  We don't place strict limits on your media that you insert in Storyline.  The biggest factor will be how well your machine can process large media files.  Are you running into issues with large .mp4 files?  We're happy to work with you on those.  Sometimes, we've recommended hosting really large video externally, and embedding it as a web video or web object into Storyline.

Also, your LMS settings will determine if the course launches in the LMS window or in a new browser window.  In Blackboard, it will look something like this:

When you edit your course, you can choose Advanced Options > Edit SCORM Player Behavior > Launch Behavior.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.