Navigation Restrictions

Dec 29, 2023

We use the embed video option to show YouTube videos during trainings. The Navigation Restrictions under the player menu option is set to 'restricted.'

We have a learner stuck on a video slide - telling us the 'next' button is not changing to active after the video ends and they cannot advance to the next slide.

Details: The video is about 8 minutes long. The timeline in Storyline has been set to under the total video time. The learner swears they are watching the entire video and not using the YouTube seekbar to advance to the end of the video. They say they are not opening YouTube to watch the video outside of the player. 

I cannot duplicate this issue. We have asked them to try one more time, letting the video run and not clicking anything on the screen after they start the video. (I will update this if we hear back from them).

Has anyone else had this issue? And is there something I am doing, or not doing, in Storyline to cause this?

3 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Rebecca! 👋

Thanks for reaching out! It would be really helpful if we could see your project file to see if we can replicate this navigation behavior with the video you've included in your project.

Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case for testing? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

Looking forward to hearing from you! Happy 2024! 🎉