Next Button

Jun 01, 2022

I have a storyline file that the next button is set to hidden and after states of icons are visited it should appear. Sometimes it shows up for less than a second and then disappears. Any ideas? I checked the master file for any conflicting triggers etc and haven't been able to find it. 

7 Replies
Marie Acree

Thank you. I updated with story file. Click the red box where the videos have been removed to get to the next slide without getting stuck. It is slide2.1 the menu slide for the videos where the next button will not appear after all the states have been visited. It shows up briefly in b/w videos. 

Walt Hamilton

There has been a change in how SL handles the return to a slide. Now, the timeline restarts whether the  slide returns to initial state, or returns to saved state. That means when the last icon becomes Visited, the Next button becomes visible, it jumps to the video slide, and when it returns from the video, Next is hidden again.

I changed the trigger so it only hides Next if one of the icons is not in the Visited state. It seems to work now.

Walt Hamilton

A soon as you click the icon, it changes to Visited state. As soon as the last one changes to Visited state, the Next button becomes visible. So yes, it is expected behavior that Next shows before there is a chance to jump to the video slide.

Check the mixed Navigation in the sample at this post:
It has four buttons that take the learner to different slides, and when they are all visited, a button appears.  Because it tracks the slides visited with variables, rather than relying on the states, it doesn't make Next visible until you return to the menu slide. In the restricted navigation, the four buttons appear in order, only after the previous one is visited.