Pausing Timeline during screencast playback always shows image at zero seconds (not at paused point)
Apr 24, 2019
I have reverted back to Storyline 360 v3.23.17522.0 (December 27,2018) so I can insert shapes, captions, pictures, etc at a precise location in my recorded screencast when I pause the timeline .
Here is the issue I have experienced, using Storyline 360 3.25.18088.0 (February 26, 2019):
- Record a screencast
- Insert into slide as “Video on a single slide”
- I usually have “show mouse cursor” checked, but I don’t know if that affects the issue
- From the Timeline, play the screencast.
- Pause the screencast (let’s say at 6 seconds).
- The blue timeline head/pointer stays at the point where I paused (6 seconds), however the image that is displayed is the very first image of the recording (at 0 seconds). This makes it virtually impossible to perfectly place any additional elements on the screen because I can’t see what the screen looks like at the 6 second mark when I paused.
I feel like this issue would get a lot of attention if it was happening to all of us and I've searched and searched for other discussions. Perhaps there is something in my setup that is causing it? I have a fairly new and seemingly capable PC and am running Windows 10. I am recording the screencasts at 1436 x 808. I am not recording sound with the screencast.
In the recorded example I sent to articulate support (Case #01737623 – March 20, 2019) I had a separate audio track (.wav) in the .story file as well. Unfortunately I can’t post the example video here due to proprietary software being displayed.
I cannot reproduce a video to share publicly right now because I’m working on a huge project and if I upgrade to the current version of Storyline 360 I’ll no longer be able to place additional elements because pausing the timeline shows the image at 0 seconds.
If you are willing to assist, could you please verify that you can record a screencast, and then pause it during playback verifying the image displayed is the correct point where you paused? If it works for you, could you please verify what version of Storyline you are using?
Thanks a bunch!