Please help. Storyline 360 Hyperlink highlight issue

Jul 11, 2017

I'm developing some sort of glossary/index for a course containing lists of hyplerlinks. Sometimes the text/phrases with link are long and expands to 2 or more lines.

If the text have 2 or more lines the hyperlink only highlight 1 line depending on where you hovered. Please see screenshots, this is a single link.

If the text with link occupied the entire line, the hyperlink also highlighted the entire width of the next line when hovered.

Please advise of any solutions or work around. Thanks.

6 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello there, Paul.  Thanks for supplying those screenshots.  It made the issue easy to understand.

We recently discovered that in HTML5 output, the hover highlight breaks on hyperlinks that span multiple lines.  I will add your experience to our documentation.

The workaround currently is to use Flash first when publishing.  Can you isolate the hyperlinked text to its own line(s) so that you have a more consistent highlight?

I'll keep this discussion updated with any other workaround or fixes, if they are discovered!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tianna,

This issue is still with our team for investigation. We'll let you know here as soon as there is an update, but in the meantime, I'd look at not having a hyperlink with a line break. So look at hyperlinking within one line or if a set of text has to break over the line you could look at adding in two separate hyperlinks. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.