PowerPoint template colors changing when importing to Storyline 360

Jan 23, 2017

Hello all,

We're testing out a trial of Storyline 360 in preparation to move to it and we've found an odd issue.  Our client uses a custom PowerPoint template to work with their branding colors.  When we import slides into Storyline, some of the template colors get switched around - i.e. - the first position in the template is black in the PPT, it's white in Storyline. The second is white in the PPT, black in the Storyline.  It's causing a lot of things to be imported with the wrong colors.

Is there some way to make this stop or to work around it? Having to dig through every slide to look for colors that need to be corrected would be incredibly tedious and a budget killer.

Thanks,

-Jada

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Jada!

Thanks for sharing those details here. I tried reproducing this issue by importing a PowerPoint 2016 Template into Storyline 360, and I did not see any changes in the theme colors after importing. What version of PowerPoint was the template file created in? Also, would it be possible for you to share the PowerPoint Template file with me so I can try importing it on my end? You can either use the Add Attachment button to share it here in this thread, or you can send it to our Support Engineers if you'd rather share it privately

Alyssa Gomez

Great news, Jada!  We just released an update for Articulate 360 that includes a fix for Storyline importing PowerPoint text in the wrong color.  Check out the release notes here!

To take advantage of this fix, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer, and click the Update button for each application. Details here. 

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.