PPTs not loading into Storyline 360

Aug 22, 2022

After spending the day cranking out PPTs (with audio no less!) into Storyline 360 I am now getting the dreaded failure to import message (The value must be between 0 and 216000000. Parameter name: value....). I am not seeing what is different. Why after a day of moving PPTs into Storyline is it suddenly not working? I am on the same laptop. Any insight is appreciated. I am at my wits end. 

I will attach a set of PPT that went into Storyline no problem (file marked Module 1)and the PPT that will not load into Storyline (file marked Module 4), and a screenshot of the error. 

5 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Pamela, 

I tested your project file on my end and can confirm that I was able to replicate the behavior even if I imported just the first slide of your PowerPoint presentation. I also checked and the first slide of your presentation is numbered 1, as explained in this support document. I opened a support case on your behalf so we can have our support team take a look at your project files. Someone will be in touch with you shortly, and we'll continue troubleshooting your case there! 

Pamela Roeper

Oh my goodness, Jurgen! That did it!!!! thank you so much for your time on this. You have just saved me hours of needless work. How on earth did you figure it out?! 

I am not sure why that slide/image would have caused the issue?! And it would be super impractical to go through and check every slide one at a time to even find this issue. I hope Articulate can figure out what caused this so we can all avoid this issue. I cannot be the only one that has experienced this. 

(I am always telling my SMEs not to do any weird/funky things to their slides prior to me getting them. I really do not want them even using PPT SmartArt. And I really do not like them using their own images. I end up changing most the images to CC0 images when building anyway - I am not cluttering up the slide with more citations than needed :-) !) 

thank you