Preview not working

Dec 28, 2015

Help!  I am new to Storyline and I am trying to preview a file that I imported from PowerPoint.  Preview is not working; it just displays a blank screen.  I opened other files that previously worked and preview is not working on any of them.  The files are on my C: drive, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Storyline on my computer but the problem still persists.  Can anyone help?

42 Replies
Andreas Aposto

I use Articulate products (Studio and Storyline) since 2008 and I love them.

But these unexpected problems like Preview had happened many times in the past for various external reasons.

i did't do any update since yesterday I installed Storyline 2 because my machine is a corporate one and I don't have administration rights to do it. 

Every time that a similar issue like Preview arises we loose valuable project time from our elearning development in order to concentrate and find a solution in Articulate community. 

Don't you think it is time in 2016 to be more proactive and not reactive any more?

Thank you. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Andreas, 

If you have checked your system to confirm there were no recent Windows updates ( I know mine happen automatically) and are still running into issues with the Preview functionality of Storyline, can you connect directly with our Support Engineers so that we can dive a bit deeper into what's happening? Please let me know the case number once you reach out so that I can follow along as well. 

Robin Melton

Hi Ashley,

I tried the work around for Windows 7, but my system keeps forcing me to go back to download the latest version of Flash.  It will not allow me to download the archived version.  All your work around steps work right up until I click "run as administrator", it then indicates that the version of flash that I am trying to install is not the latest version and it will then only give me the option of installing the latest version of Flash.  Any suggestions for how to work around this?

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Robin!

I did see another user mention in a similar thread the following:

If you go to the Adobe Site and download this uninstaller, you are then able to install and older version. Here is the link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main

Perhaps that'll work for you? 

Hi Allison!

By posting here, you should now be subscribed to the thread. It is flagged for update when applicable and you should be notified.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

HI all,

Adobe and Microsoft released information that Windows 10 and 7/Vista have been updated. 

Install the latest Windows updates to resolve it.

1. Go to the Start menu and click Settings.
  2. When the Settings window opens, click Update & Security.
  3. Click Check for updates and allow the latest updates to install.
  4. Reboot your computer and test your Articulate software again.

We're waiting for additional information in regards to Windows 8.

Leslie McKerchie

Good news! Adobe and Microsoft have fixed the Flash Player bug that broke many applications just before the new year, including Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, and Articulate Studio.

Here's how to install the latest Adobe/Microsoft update so you can preview your e-learning projects, edit videos, and launch CD-published courses again.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.