'Previous' Button not working when revisiting quiz slides in 360

Feb 28, 2018

When building my quiz slides in 360 I purposely remove the next and previous buttons so the user can't just skip all of the questions by clicking next. The problem is, after you answer a questions, previous and next buttons appear by default, but the previous button doesn't work. It goes to the wrong slide. I always build my quizzes the exact same way and have never had an issue in the older versions of Storyline, only 360.

Please help!

5 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Cass.  I have a couple questions about your setup:

• Did you remove the Next/Prev buttons by changing their state to Hidden?  Or did you uncheck them from the slide properties panel?
  • When you see them reappear, are you in the Review mode (after landing on the results slide)?

If you can attach an example course to this discussion, it would be helpful for me to see your setup!  Thanks again.

Rinaldo  De Lucca

I have a similar problem here. The previous button is not working when I try to revisit questions in a pool, and I didn't remove any buttons at all. I keep seeing the same slide as I try to move back, and when I move ahead again the questions I already answered are replaced by new ones.

The previous button is also not working while I am reviewing the quizz.

I am using version v3.26.18601.0.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rinaldo, 

Let's see if we can nail down what's going on. I tried to recreate the issue on my side in Storyline 360, but so far I haven't had any luck.

I have a hunch you may be using different slide settings than I used in my sample, so I'd love to get a closer look at your file.

If you're willing to share it, you can upload your file privately to our support team here. We'll give it a test and let you know what we find!

Luciana Piazza

Hi Tina,

Thanks so much for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you are running into a related issue. I understand your frustration.

I also understand the need to have your content stay private. Our Support team can sign an NDA, and they’ll delete the file once they find the issue.

I have created a support case on your behalf so you can speak in detail with our Support Engineers privately. If you choose to submit your project files, rest assured your content is safe with us and will be deleted after we conclude working with you in your support case. 

I hope this is helpful!