Problem in connecting articulate 360

Sep 29, 2017

I was trying to sign in to articulate 360 app, a message appears saying that: "There is a problem connecting articulate 360. please check internet connection and try again"

The problem is the computer is connected, and there is no problem with internet connection.

Thanks,

43 Replies
liam boyle

Hi Ren,

Thanks for your reply. We tried the suggestions from Tyler and I believe we informed him that, along with other countless previous suggestions, they didn't work. I believe our IT department also informed Articulate that their list of workarounds made no difference.

Happy for you to begin trying to fix the issue again. Again, the lack of progress over the last 12 months can't be laid at our door. 'Reaching out' sounds like you are doing a charitable favour. There's no need to redirect to a forum or a FAQ page - we've tried those too.

I'll be interested to see what comes of this over the next year and I'll provide updates on any progress or lack thereof whenever the opportunity arises. As I say, sounds like a fairly common problem with your product and I'm surprised it has not been fixed yet - some of the posts I've read on the issue go back several years so you guys must be aware of it, if not, that would be more worrying on several levels.

Kind regards,

Liam

Paul Reid

Does anyone have a solution for this that can be posted?  I see multiple requests for assistance, but no "fix".  Over the past few days I'm getting this dreaded "Couldn't Load. There was a problem connecting to Articulate 360. Please check your internet connection and try again." error message. 

I'm stuck in this loop where when I click "Retry" and sign into the web browser (repeatedly), it keeps coming back to this error.     

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Paul,

Would you please ask your network admin to open port 443 and add the domains in this article to your organization's allowlist for your Articulate 360 apps to work properly? 

If you still need the assistance of our team, one of our support engineers would be happy to work with you directly.

Becca Levan

Hey there, Eric!

Sorry you're having issues connecting to the Articulate 360 apps, and we want to help. If your network admin has already added the specified domains mentioned here, I'd recommend reaching out to our support engineers as the next step so they can help investigate!

CONNECT WITH A SUPPORT ENGINEER HERE.
Lori Dresner

I'm having this issue as well. Since yesterday, I've been trying to open an older file in Storyline to make some updates to it, but when I do, I receive the message, "There was a problem connecting to Articulate 360. Please check your internet connection and try again." When I click "retry" and attempt to sign in again, I'm taken to the Articulate website and end up in a loop of doing that over and over. I thought it was possibly because the file is older, but now I'm finding that it's happening when I try to open Storyline at all. Is there a known solution to this? Thank you!

Eric Weidl

It's still a problem for me, too.

Here are two workarounds I use until Articulate actually fixes the underlying bug.

- Clear all cookies from my browser (usually Firefox), then restart my computer (necessary to completely kill the background Articulate processes), then try again

- Open the Default Programs control panel, change my default browser from my preferred option (Firefox) to any other browser on my computer. Close the Default Programs window. Open Articulate again. It takes me to the login page. Login. Articulate will work. Go back to the Default Programs control panel and reset my preferred browser.

The fact that these workarounds work for me suggests the underlying problem is tied to the multiple cookies Articulate sets in our browsers. Something about the cookies - their names, values, structure, expiration dates, valid domains - gets corrupted and causes Articulate to go into the login infinite loop. 

Yes, the workarounds allow me to use the software, but it's a PITA to go through this each time I need to start Articulate. They really need to fix this problem once and for all.

Lori Dresner

Thanks very much for providing these workarounds, Eric! Changing the default browser to Chrome and clearing the cookies worked finally, but I agree that it's not practical to do that every time one wants to get into Articulate, so hopefully this can get fixed once and for all. I appreciate you responding, considering that this thread has been going on a while.

Lori Dresner

Articulate team, I just wanted to point out that this issue is still occurring. I used Storyline for a while without it happening, but the issue cropped up again, and I fixed it again using Eric's workaround of changing the default browsers. I'm not sure what the exact trigger is, but it definitely seems to have something to do with the cookies, as clearing them and changing browsers fixes it temporarily, but it crops up again every few weeks.

Jeremy Boehl

I'm getting this error now, after being logged in and attempting to edit TTS audio. The TTS menu opens, then it hangs for a few seconds and then reports back this error. Internet connection is fine. I have logged out and logged in and closed/restarted the story file 3 times. Using the latest desktop version of Storyline 360. I have used this program for more than 5 years and never had this problem before.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Becca Levan

Thanks for reaching out, Jeremy!

So sorry for the trouble this is causing! We've identified an outage with one of our service providers, and in addition to intermittent errors uploading content, we're seeing errors with trial sign-ups and Storyline 360 Text-to-Speech. 

I'll be sure to update this discussion when this outage is resolved. You can also subscribe to updates at https://www.articulatestatus.com/

Lauren Connelly

Hi Jeremy!

As promised, I'm reporting back to share that all services are operational! You can now use text-to-speech in Storyline 360.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you run into any issues. Thank you so much for being patient with us as we worked with our provider to resolve this issue.