Problem using triggers to change between 3 states
Jun 03, 2014
I'm trying to set up an image with 3 states and am having trouble.
I'm using this for a table of contents. I'd like to have an image representing each chapter, then if the user hovers their mouse over the image it'll change to one of two other images (depending on whether the chapter was already completed).
This seemed like it should work:
- Create the base image
- Add two states, "Complete" and "Incomplete"
- Add a boolean variable, "Check" which defaults to False
- Add a trigger to the chapter to set "Check" to True at the end.
- Create 2 other triggers to control the states of the image
- Change state of image to "Complete" on mouse hover if Check is True, restore on mouse leave
- Change state of image to "Incomplete" on mouse hover if Check is not True, restore on mouse leave
It works as expected with either trigger 1 or trigger 2.
When I put both triggers in, though, only the second one will work. The first one* will display the proper alternate state on mouse hover, but then the image disappears when the mouse leaves.
*The first one in the trigger list. If I reorder the triggers, it changes which one doesn't work, but it still misbehaves in the same way.
Just in case it was an issue with my file, I started a new one (attached). It had the same issue.
This smells like a bug to me, but I'm hoping someone has a fix or a workaround.
This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.