Problems publishing Storyline to Word 2013

Aug 13, 2013

Hi,

When trying to publish to Word, Storyline hangs or asks me to install Word 2000 or later.

I am using Word 2013, and Windows 8.

Can anyone advise?

Cheers

Shane 

3 Replies
Shane Traynor

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your kind welcome,

I am following your advice and going to try reverting to Storyline 2 to for the publish. I had tried repairing Office/ Word and Storyline but to no avail.  I have sent a request to support asking how to revert to Storyline 2 with an outline of my problem plus a copy of a troublesome .story and screencast of the (lack of) action!

Could it be that the .story struggles to publish to Word if the .story contains too many different word formats? I have used sources that are .doc, others are .docx and also a variety of versions from 2000-2013. Plus recently I used Word 2013 SmartArt to create some graphics and tabs, I noticed they don't render 100% if saved on old word versions for example.  Maybe the problem is when the .story is being compiled into one Word version?

So confused!  

Cheers

Shane 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the update. I see that Cleo was assigned to your case and sent you the information on how to revert to Storyline 2 and that he was also able to successfully publish your file to Word. I also tested it and published fine to Word (my set up is the same as you, Office 2013, Windows 8, Storyline 3) so I'm thinking that reverting to Storyline 2 for a period of time will help - but keep us posted if there is anything else we can do! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.