Storyline Publishing to Word 2016

Feb 23, 2017

Anyone having issues trying to publish a Storyline 360 or Storyline 2 file to Word (one of the options under Publish). Last week our IT department upgraded our version of Office 360/2013 to Office 360/2016 which included Word 2016. Now when I try to publish to Word, Storyline just hangs on the screen that says "Publishing slide 0 of 22. I have to use the Windows Task Manager to close Storyline as the Cancel button is totally unresponsive. I use Publish to Word to create my narration scripts.

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Dennis.  Thanks for reaching out!  Our team tested with the Office 365 version of Word 2016, and we were able to successfully publish.  Maybe after the installation of the new Office version, Storyline needs a reset.  You can follow these instructions to reinstall Storyline 360, and here's how to reinstall Storyline 2.  If you are still crashing, please reach out to our support engineers for further help!

Dennis Knepper

I am already in contact with Renato Tecson who sent me the same instructions. I followed them but I am still having the same problem with publishing to Word. I responded back to Renato with the steps I took.

Dennis D. Knepper | Web-Based Training Project Manager
PA Department of Transportation
Bureau of Human Resources, Workforce Development Division
400 North Street, 5th Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17120
Phone: 717.772.1614 | FAX: 717.214.3747
www.penndot.gov
Looking to expand your skill sets? Check out WDD Training Calendar or let us know your training needs via the Training Interest Survey.

SAP/LSO QUESTION?
PennDOT and DCED employees - please send all inquiries to the Transportation University Mailbox.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.