Prompt to Resume

May 21, 2019

Hello, I have recently upgraded from SL2 to SL3.  I have a course where the student studies the technical content in several sections of the course (numerous slides), then exits the course, goes out to a machine to perform a practical exercise associated with the technical material studied.  The student then restarts the course to complete the remaining parts of course.  In SL2, the student would get the prompt to resume when they restarted the course.  This would take them back to the slide where they left off in the course. The RESUME in the player set to "prompt to resume". 

I cannot get this to work properly in SL3.  There are two issues:

1.  No prompt at all when published to CD.  The course restarts at the beginning without any prompt.

2. When published to LMS, the prompt to resume appears but the student is returned to an earlier slide in the course and must go over content that was already covered.  This may be a SCORM 1.2 data limit issue.  I have seen discussions that suggest publishing to SCORM 2004 3rd or 4th edition.  I only see a selection for "SCORM 2004" (no edition) in SL3.

Any help to resolve these issues would be appreciated.

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Victor!

In Storyline 3, you can access the SCORM editions by clicking on the Reporting and Tracking button in the Publish window.

Courses published to CD should resume where you left off, as long as you are accessing the course from the same computer.

Our support engineers can lend a hand with testing the output, if you'd like. If that works for you, you can upload your file privately to our support team here. We'll give it a test and let you know what we find!

Lida Greyling

Good day I have a couple of files that keeps on giving this issue. It resumes to a slide close to the one that you exit, but often it jumps to unpredictable slides. I have Storyline 3, but one of my colleagues has Storyline 360 and reverted back to an earlier edition that worked if published with 360. Do any one of you have a solution yet, please? These files are quite urgent. I publish it to the Cornerstone LMS and most are just normal assessments. Pls help?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.