Publishing as a video not working - Storyline 360

Feb 14, 2020

I have audio on each slide, and two videos near the end. I created said videos using the Screen Capture feature within Storyline.

I was having a hard time with video quality, but I read a tip on the support site here about changing the Story Size, so I did so. My two video clips were created in full-screen. I changed the Story Size to the full-screen resolution, which is 2047 x 1200.

Now, I am trying to publish the video as-is, and it gets stuck on "Encoding Video." I am following the suggestions of using videos in Storyline, namely, to ensure the video does not need to be resized during encoding. This does not matter if the video cannot encode properly. Please help!

2 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Andrew!

I'm really sorry you're hitting this snag during publish! You might have come across an open issue in Update 36 of Storyline 360 where publishing to video gets stuck on 'preparing to encode video' under certain circumstances.

As our team investigates, this problem isn't present in Update 35. To publish the course, you can temporarily install this previous version—here's how!

Let me know how you go!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.