Publishing HTML

Jun 04, 2018

I'm new to publishing in HTML format.  CD and LMS formats have never been a problem.

I'll start with one simple issue. HTML is changing the FONT when I populate a text box with a variable.  I will add an attachment to illustrate.  

This example has one text box (populated) with a word formatted Calibri 12 (hardwired), then there is a second text box formatted Calibri 12 populated with a variable.  The story has three slides, the hardwired text box (Stays hardwired with same text), and another text box with a variable which gets modified to a different word.  You can clearly see the format of the variable text box is not Calibri 12, as compared to the hardwired text box).  The variable text box looks larger and skewed in the text box (maybe Articulate 14-16pt?)

I assume the issue is my not under standing of publishing for html.

Please provide some understanding of the issue, and guidance for other issues I may encounter in publishing to HTML in SL2.  Thank You

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Art! Thanks for including that sample file. Have a look at this quick video to see how the Flash and HTML5 compare. 

Fonts can't be embedded in published output for variable text. As a result, default system fonts from learners' devices will be substituted for text boxes that contain variable references. Default system fonts can be different on each computer, tablet, and smartphone, so learners might not always see the fonts you used.

Let me know if you have more questions about that!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.