Publishing to Video

Jul 27, 2023

Hello. I have a project where we have integrated videos on a couple of slides. At specific cue points on each video, I have a layer open (which pauses the video) that places a caption over the paused video for about 5 seconds and then the layer closes and resumes the base video until the next cue point. In theory it works great. Actually it works when previewing it. However, when I publish it as a video (mpeg4), the timing gets messed up and the captions don't appear at the correct times. It's weird it previews fine, but when publishing it messes it up. Any suggestions what might be causing this?

3 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Tim,

Thanks so much for sharing your .story file with us! I was able to replicate this behavior on my end when experimenting with various slide dimensions in the publish window. I have opened a support case on your behalf so that our talented Support Engineer Staff can take a closer look at this for you. You're in great hands!

We'll continue the conversation over in your case via email! Thanks for your patience, and have a great day! ✨