Purple gifs in Storyline 360

Mar 28, 2017

I have made 2 gifs for a timeline and progress bar that I need to animate. They work fine except that they get a purple outline around them when previewing, publishing and hosting.

The export MUST be HTML5.

I have tried all the fixes on the forums but nothing is working. Please help.

6 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Lizzy.  Thanks for reaching out.  We have documented an issue where a GIF can become distorted in the HTML5 output of a file (and that will include Previewing, since that feature is now rendered with HTML5).

Would you be able to share a copy of your .story file here so that we can compare it to what we have reported?  You can also open a case with our support team to share it privately.

I'm going to add this discussion to our report so that we can keep it updated with any developments from my team.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Just a quick note that we pushed out a fix for the issue where an animated GIFs wouldn't always play at the correct speed in Storyline, and they could be distorted or discolored.

You can install the update by launching the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

Carrie Tucker

Hi! I'm a little late on this thread, but I recently stumbled across it while doing some research. I'm in the process of updating some Storyline 2 projects to Storyline 3. In the process, I've noticed that GIFs in the preview and published versions have this same purple glow and a super random purple blinking dot. Neither the dot nor the purple outline/glow are present in development mode within storyline or within the GIF output/source files. For awhile, I have been attempting to at least cover the dot - but it's not really clean or practical long term. Any idea on how to help clear up this bug if a solution has been found, or is it still in queue to be resolved?

Thanks in advance!

Ren Gomez

Hi Carrie,

Sorry to hear you’re coming across this issue in Storyline 3! If you’re in need of a quick fix, GIFs should look correct in Flash after publishing.

Because we’ve seen this before in SL360, I’ve opened a support case on your behalf and will e-mail you a link to directly upload your .story file for one of our support engineers to take a look. Watch your inbox for my email shortly!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.