Replacing audio within an e-learning takes unusually long in latest AS360 update

Mar 13, 2022

Hello, it seems to me as if replacing audios within an e-training takes up an unusual amount of time. Can anybody confirm and or offer a solution? This is true for replacing in the timeline AND the media library - no difference in time hier.

Thanks and best,

Alex 

3 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Alex!

Sorry for the trouble! I am not seeing others share a similar experience with replacing audio within training. Are you finding this with multiple courses or a specific one?

It would be helpful if we could test your file on our end. Can you share the .story file in this discussion or privately in a support case?

Alex Rojas

Hi Lauren,

sorry, we can't share .story-files externally since the content is always confidential. It seems it might have to do with foil masters. Since we often import content from smaller .story-files into larger projects Storyline ads the foils to the master section and it seems to connect content on a stage to it's foil master in the master foil section. That seems to make handling sluggish. Is that possible?

Best, Alex

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Alex.

Thank you for the additional information!

The number of layouts on a Master slide shouldn't make that much of a difference when replacing audio files. 

Are you working from a local hard drive? We don't recommend working with files on a network drive or on a drive that syncs with a cloud application, such as OneDrive or Dropbox. 

As for confidentiality, I completely understand! Our Support team can sign an NDA, and they'll delete the file once they find the culprit. If that works for you and your team, just let us know!