Require SCORM 1.2 files created using storyline to SCORM 2004. Source Files missing. Please suggest.

May 08, 2024

Hi everyone,

Our organization is in the process of migrating to new LMS which allows only SCORM 2004 format to be uploaded. But all our files created using storyline were uploaded in SCORM 1.2 format in the old LMS. Some of the files are 2 to 3 years old that we are unable to track the actual storyline files. We have the SCORM files downloaded from our old LMS. Is there a way to convert these files from SCORM 1.2 to SCORM 2004? Please advise.

2 Replies
Math Notermans

Only way i can imagine...is this.

Make a simple Storyline.
Publish that as Scorm 1.2 and Scorm 2004.
Compare those, so you know the differences.
Now you can try adding the missing parts to your Scorm 1.2 package and make a 2004 out of it.

For sure not easy, as there will be many dependants in the course. So you have to test it with something small...and then see if it works with a bigger course. If you can remake the course quicker...go for that.

I quickly mocked up a simple Storyline and compared the folders with Beyond Compare 4 and surprisingly little difference in the published folders. So i guess you can try this approach. 

PS: I do think the folders missing in the 1.2 version can be copied from 2004 without problems.