Result slide

Oct 19, 2022

Dear all,

I have an issue with a quiz result slide.

I have created questions with multiple answers and have calculated the number of points per good given answers. Everything works but if the user decides to review results and go back to the answer results, variable and final result is updated and the final score  percentage is wrong. I just want to keep the original result given. I understand that it's due to the "When timeline starts".

Do you have an idea about how can I manage this ?

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

When there are triggers that do math to adjust variables "When timeline starts," the trigger will run every time the user visits the slide. 

To prevent that, add a condition.

• Create a T/F variable to track whether the quiz is being reviewed. For example, let's call it "Reviewing." The default False value would indicate the quiz isn't being reviewed (that is, the user is taking the quiz). 
  • Add a condition to each of the adjust-variable triggers so that those triggers will only run if the Reviewing variable = False.
  • On the Results slide:
    • Add a trigger to Review button that adjusts the Reviewing variable to True.
    • Add a trigger to the Retry button that adjusts the Reviewing variable to False. (That button should also have triggers to reset the calculation variables.)
    • Be sure to put those triggers before the trigger that jumps to the question slides. (Triggers can't run if they appear after a jump-to trigger.)