results slide in articulate 360

Jan 21, 2019

Hi All,

First time creator here. I have a course that has 3 questions in it, but we are not scoring them, so no real question banks. But we want a pass/fail result slide at the end of the course (pass=visited all slide, fail=did not visit all slides). Can anyone help me with how to do this? I don't seem to have a clue.

Thanks

Shari

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Shari! Welcome to the community! So glad you're here. 😁

If you want the learner to pass the course after viewing all of the slides, you'll want to choose the publishing option Track using number of slides viewed. This option triggers course completion when learners view a specific number of slides.

You can also set the LMS reporting status to Pass/Failed.

Both of these settings are found in the LMS publishing window under Reporting and Tracking. Let me know if that's what you had in mind!

Simantel Group

Thank you Alyssa, That helps greatly. IF I may ask a couple other questions. 

On my last slide I have a submit button - is that the correct use for finalizing the completion to LMS? 

Also is there anything that I can do on completion of the course to trigger a certificate within Storyline?

Thanks again.

Shari

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Shari,

No need for the submit button - once the learner reaches the required number of slides, we'll pass that completion status to your LMS.  Another option is to use the course completion trigger, which is described here. 

You could add a "Print Results" button to your results slide, a lot of folks use that to generate a certificate following the steps here. As a simpler option, you could add a button to download a PDF certificate you've created, and prompt your learners to print that out and add their name to it.

Hope that helps! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.