Resume function not working

Aug 07, 2020

Hi, we have several elearning training modules, and have not had a problem with the "resume" function. A recent one has been having that problem - it takes users back to the very beginning if they close the browser tab and try to go back later. No prompt. We can't figure out the difference on our end; same settings as always. Any thoughts? Could the recent removal of "when running in LMS ignore Flash cookie" have anything to do with it? As usual, we are publishing to LMS, Flash with HTML5 Fallback, Scorm 1.2.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

SG

9 Replies
Sam Hill

Hi Sheldon, it sounds like your course is not finding the SCORM API and transferring any resume data back to the LMS.

I would also recommend not publishing to Flash anymore (unless there is a specific need within your organisation) as Flash is being phased out of browsers.

I'm happy to take a quick look at your module and see what the problem could be if you are happy to share.

Which version of Storyline are you using?

Kelly Doane

Hello, 

I am having a very similar situation. Storyline 360, 12MB zip file SCORM, SCORM published in 2004 3rd edition, HTML 5 Only, Passed/ Incomplete, Prompt to Resume is set, with 80% on quiz, tracked on Quiz Result. The only thing remotely different with this course is that I have the TOC locked. It tests fine in SCORM Cloud. 

I have learners that are starting the course, get to any point in the content (before the quiz), close and re-enter. They are brought back to the very beginning with no prompt to resume from Storyline.  

This is a compliance course so unable to share. Any ideas?  

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kelly and Sheldon,

You're always welcome to share a copy of your project file here with the community at large, but I'd love to have you connect with our Support Team too! If it's working in SCORM Cloud that's a good sign that the LMS isn't reading the data correctly or perhaps not set up to receive it correctly either.

Have you tried to enable LMS debug mode to see exactly what's being passed back and forth? You can always compare a version from SCORM Cloud to what you see in your LMS to help narrow things down - and our Support team are pros at deciphering those too. 

Sheldon Gladstein

More re. resume functionality - 

I tested in scorm cloud and it seems to be working fine there. But resume is not working correctly when we distribute the elearning.

Our development folks are suggesting that the issue may lie with the version of the player not being picked up appropriately.

I've attached a file with the related backend code, indicating that it's looking for version 3.16.15842, while the current version of articulate SW on our end is 3.42.22734

Is there a way of updating to use the current player?

Thanks in advance.

I'll as in parallel to the support link you provided.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.