Review360 - Countless Issues

Aug 10, 2020

Hi,

Allow me to preface this with an apology as this whole situation has really irritated me and nothing is aimed at anyone.

I've been trying to upload a project to Review 360 at least 8 times so far and in every single one of those instances, the publish has failed and given me the most unhelpful of error messages:

"There was an error publishing your course to Review 360. Please check your internet connection and try again."

The project file is 178MB, contains video, audio, graphics, text, etc., however, I have uploaded a project file of 400MB to review 360 without seeing the error so prevalent.

Now my broadband connection is not fast, it's painfully slow, and like most other home broadband, the upload speed is even slower than the download speed (about 1mb or 2 on a good day) and I'm not aware of any throttling happening as this is a work provided mobile adapter. Said mobile adapter connects through O2 (UK network as I'm UK based).

Now, this "error message" is inherently unhelpful when the connection to the internet has _not_ dropped. So what could be causing the upload to be cancelled/dropped? Is it a server timeout issue because my connection is poor? If so, why do I not suffer similar occurrences when uploading to Microsoft Teams? Do Storyline project files retain somewhere in their code base when saved of any previous deleted content and that is causing issues? If project files do retain info like that, why? What purpose does it provide particularly when said project file is then saved under a different name/version? 

And before anyone suggest it, there is literally nothing I can do about my broadband situation because of where I am currently living.

So, if you've managed to get through all of that, is there anything worth trying that might help with the success of uploading to Review 360 without Storyline giving me that error message?

(Also my home broadband is in use by my other half for work and I cannot be slowing down her entire workflow by trying to upload something - seriously, it just cripples the connection down to dial-up speeds if not slower).

Regards,

Sam

3 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Sam!

I understand how frustrating that must be! I'm happy to help you find a solution.

Let's start with three troubleshooting steps:

1. Can you publish the course for LMS or Web? Do you run into any error messages while using Web or LMS?
  2. When previewing the file, do you run into any error messages, or is it just when publishing to Review 360?
  3. Have you tried importing the file into a new project and then publishing it to Review 360?

I'm also attaching a sample story file that you can test! Try publishing this course to Review 360. Please let me know if you see an error message when doing so.

Samuel Barnard

Hi Lauren,

1. I can publish to SCORM. The issue only arises when trying to publish to Review 360 or Teams Slides.

2. I run into no errors or issues of any sort when previewing the content inside Articulate Storyline.

3. I haven't tried this one yet, however I'm suddenly experiencing this with another project file. I might give it a go, but since I'm experiencing this with a whole different project file that does not share any of the assets, I am a bit sceptical.

I have published many other files, many times, to Review 360 over the last couple of months.

Regards,

Sam

Lauren Connelly

Thank you for those details, Sam!

It sounds like the main issue is with Review 360 and Team Slides. I'd like for our Support Engineers to test this out to determine where the snag might be. Can you upload your file privately to us by using this link? We'll let you know when we receive the file and reply with our findings! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.