SL 360 Disable next button state on responsive player

Feb 04, 2017

Hi, during our conversion of courses to 360, we have noticed that when the Next Button is disabled (we do this until a slide is complete), in normal desktop mode the Next button's state is different (greyed out so the user knows they can't move forward). This is the same behaviour as SL2, yet when viewing in the responsive player, although the button is disabled (user can't move forward), it is not greyed out. How can the visual state of the button be changed so that it's clear to a user that the slide has not been completed?

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello Vispi!

That's a great question - at this time, there isn't a way to visually "gray out" the next button in the responsive player. Like you said, it functions as disabled, but it doesn't appear disabled to the user. We've shared this concern with our quality assurance team, and they are figuring out how a change here might fit in with other priorities--we’ll include your experience in their report! Also, I'll be sure to update this thread if we get any new information on this, and you'll receive an email notification because you're subscribed to this post. 

Vispi Baria

Thanks for your response Alyssa. This really is an important requirement, as even when the buttons appear disabled in our current courses, users still sometimes complain about the button not working! Can imagine that we would get a lot more complaints with the way the current responsive player works. We could hide the button, but we'd rather not do this...Hope this is implemented soon.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Vispi,

Good news! We fixed the issue you reported where a disabled "Next" button didn't look like it was disabled in HTML5 responsive player.

Install the latest Storyline 360 update to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes. Here's how.

If the problem happens again, please record a Peek 360 screencast for me, and I'll be happy to help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.