SL 360 Random draw from question bank

Feb 09, 2017

I have upgraded a course from SL 2 to SL 360.  When published in 360, it draws the same random question every time from a question bank of 50 questions after quiz results are reset.

Is this the expected behavior of SL 360 or a bug?

7 Replies
Jacqueline Cardenas

I am also having this issue.  Goal is to have all 25 questions in the bank included in the 25 question quiz and for it to randomize the questions so they aren't taken in the same order on the 2nd attempt.  They get 2 attempts, which I am accomplishing by disabling the retry button after it is clicked once.  My story file is attached.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for chiming in and sharing what you are running into as well as a .story file for us to take a look.

Your current set-up shows that you want to include all the questions and draw them randomly, but the setting on the right of each question set to 'Always' is determining the order.

I previewed your course a few times and can see that the same order is presented each time.

If you'd like this course to be randomized, I'd recommend changing the 'Always' to 'Randomly'.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.