SL 360: Unexplained Erratic Behavior

Jun 28, 2021

Does anyone else experience unexplained erratic behavior with SL? One day I'm working in a file with no issues and the next day my audio won't load and images  no longer appear in the media player. I'm on the latest version, working on my local drive, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled but this happens to me constantly. If this is a known issue, I'd like to know if there is a solution to stop this from happening. It's making me dislike the software.

4 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Bonita,

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry you're experiencing erratic behavior with Storyline 360! I see you've worked with our Support Team in the past on this, though it seems like these issues are continuing to occur.

We recommend working locally with all course files and assets, and you may also want to ensure your files aren't synced to any cloud-storage applications like Dropbox or Onedrive while editing.

If these errors keep appearing, our support team can take a closer look at the recent issues and offer guidance! Feel free to connect with them here.

Bonita Hayes

Ren, thanks so much for your reply. I think that explains part of my issue because my images are kept on OneDrive and could be causing this behavior. I will save these to my local drive until the project is complete. I don't know why my audio file doesn't always load. I usually use text-to-speech until we finalize all changes. I believe the audio issues are on the same slides where images disappear so perhaps the images are causing the text-to-speech not to load?

Ren Gomez

Hi Bonita,

That's a great observation. Having corrupt elements on a slide could cause other issues in the file as you mentioned, so it's possible!

I'd try saving the assets to your desktop and recreating a slide to see if the text-to-speech files still act erratically. You can also try importing your file, or just that slide, into a blank project to test the audio files as well!