SL2 to SL360 Font Problem - Aharoni Font

Jun 09, 2017

I am trying to upgrade a SL2 file to SL360 on a Windows 10 machine. When SL upgrades the file, I get a message that the Aharoni font is missing (See SC1.png). I have installed the font Aharoni Bold, which is the only version of the font I found (See SC2.png). When I open the file in SL360, everything looks fine. However, when I preview a slide, some, but not all, of the text is garbled (See SC3.png). 

This font is used to display Hebrew characters. It was not used in the SL2 file at all.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on correcting this problem.


17 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Michael! Thanks for those screenshots.

We're looking into an issue where Storyline is prompting for missing fonts, despite the fonts being installed on the system. However, that shouldn't affect the way the font looks in Preview mode. 

You mentioned Aharoni Bold is not used in this file--what font did you use on that slide? 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michael,

What font was used in Storyline 2 for the Hebrew characters? That original message should only appear if you're using a font not installed - and the Aharoni Bold could be a different font than standard Aharoni. 

As for the garbled text, are you able to change the font to see if that allows you to view the text? 

Are you also on the latest update of Articulate 360?

Michael Rothschild

Hi Ashley - Thanks for your reply. I have updated to the latest version of Articulate 360. The original SL2 file used Helvetica.

I went into the slide and changed the font to Arial, and it then displayed correctly in Preview mode. Also tried Times New Roman, and it worked. But when I tried retyping Helvetica, the text still appeared garbled. So it remains a mystery to me!

Although I get an error message that the Aharoni font is missing, I have not been able to find that font, just Aharoni Bold. Sigh.



Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michael, 

I do see an issue we reported to our team as a possible software bug, that a missing font error appears at opening a Storyline font and the font is not used in the course. I'll be sure to include this forum discussion in the report our team has filed. 

Could you share one of the slides with your text? I'd like to see if the garbled text appears as well on my end? Upload a copy of the .story (even just that one slide) using the "add attachment" button. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michael,

Is this the right .story file? I didn't see any Hebrew characters in it - looked like standard English text?

I did publish it to my Articulate Review so that you could take a look at it here. Everything appeared as expected with the fonts (although similar to your experience with the missing fonts, SL360 told me I didn't have Helvetica installed.) 

Let me know if that's not the right file, or if you're seeing any weirdness with that version on Review!

Michael Rothschild

Hi Ashley - There were no Hebrew characters in the original file which is
why I thought the update error message was odd. The font used in the file
is Helvetica, and that is installed on my machine. I wonder why it appears
correctly on your system, but still appears garbled on mine.

I guess the quick fix would be to do a find/replace on all the fonts and
change them to Arial. However, when I am in slide view, and I open the
find/replace fonts window, the Replace button is not active. Do I need to
select the text I want to change?


Alyssa Gomez

Hi Michael! My hunch is that this issue could be specific to your server, and that's why you're seeing an issue that we aren't seeing. There are two things we can do to double-check that.

  1. Open this link, and send me a screenshot of what you see. Here's what it looks like on my end:
  2. Publish the course for Web with HTML5/Flash, and send me the zipped output file. The filename will end with .zip. 

You can attach both items right here in the thread using the ADD ATTACHMENT button. I'll be standing by!

Alyssa Gomez

Great news, Michael!  Another update for Articulate 360 is now available.  It includes a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you may be interested in is a fix for Storyline detecting missing fonts when opening a project file, even though the fonts were installed on the computer.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to ourSupport Engineers directly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.