[SL360 Bug] Dashed outline on text/number entry changes its size.

Dec 03, 2020

Hello,

I've discovered a bug. When I make a text/number entry and give it dashed outline, it resizes in preview and typed text is misplaced.

The first screen is preview view, the second the slide editing view.

4 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hello, Mateusz!

Thank you for reaching out and providing a visual. This is a match to an open issue in Storyline 360:

• Behavior: Text-entry fields that have a dashed outline resize in the published output. 
  • Workaround: Use the solid dash outline instead, if possible.

I'm sorry you experienced this and will share your post with my team to notify you of any changes. If the workaround doesn't fit your course, we're happy to communicate with you in a case to explore further!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Mateusz,

Thank you for confirming that the workaround works for you as well.

We do not have a customer-facing resource at this time, but I wanted to share some information on how we define bugs and how we tackle them when they occur. Our reports are internal which allows our entire team to work together to prioritize and advocate for customers.

This conversation has been added to the report so that we can share any updates here with you directly.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Everyone,

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.76.30446.0, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the bugs we've fixed is: 

• Text Entry with dashed shape outline resizes when published.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!