SL360 - iOS iPad Chrome Issues

Aug 14, 2019

Hi!

I have been testing one of my courses on an iPad today and have come into some odd issues...

• When the screen 'sleeps' and is then turned back on the player, play/pause and seek bar vanishes and the only way to bring it back is swipe at the screen.

Missing Buttons, Play/Pause and Seek Bar

Content Missing

• As well when I press the iPad home button to close the app the Audio keeps playing and then when I re-open the app no audio plays at any point in the course.

Storyline 360 information:

v3.30.19518.0

LMS Publish output @ SCORM 1.2

Modern - Storyline Player

iPad information:

v13.0

iPad Pro (9.7 inch)

Chrome App

SCORM Cloud

Is this a Articulate Storyline issue or a iPad Chrome issue? Wondering if this has been noticed previously. 

5 Replies
Michelle Pickering

Hi Lauren,

I'm using the Modern Player so my Publish Format is limited to HTML5 only...

I've read the little info blurb about this player... 

Modern Player
When you publish courses with the modern player, you’ll get HTML5-only output that works beautifully in all major browsers on desktop computers and mobile devices. Courses that use the modern player don’t have any Flash content, so they’ll continue to work when browsers stop supporting Flash.

Michelle Pickering

On Safari I can't seem to get the first issue to happen...

When the screen 'sleeps' and is then turned back on the player, play/pause and seek bar vanishes and the only way to bring it back is swipe at the screen.

But the second issue is occurring on Safari... 

As well when I press the iPad home button to close the app the Audio keeps playing and then when I re-open the app no audio plays at any point in the course.

Do you have an email address or file share I can use to privately give you access to my course? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.