SL360 Question bank: "Try again" slide layer doesn't appear with all questions

Mar 16, 2018

Hi everyone, 

in SL360 I have a sample question bank with pick many interactions (3 attempts for each question). The "Try again" (in german language "Erneut versuchen") slide layer only appears with question 1, 2 and 3 but NOT with question 4 and 5. (Question 4 and 5 should work like 1, 2, 3.) And I can't find out why! Please help!

Attached is the .STORY file. 

Thank you in advance,

Siegi

3 Replies
Richard Anciado

Hi Siegbert. Question 4 and 5 lost their connection to the Try Again Feedback layers.

Here is how I fixed the issue.

1. Create a new try again feedback layer for Question 4 and 5.
  2. Copy the elements from the existing design over to the new feedback layer.
  3. Delete the old Erneut versuchen layer.

I've attached an updated version of your .story file below. Let me know how it works for you. Cheers!

Siegbert Kaiser

Hi Richard. Thanks for your quick help. That's exactly what I did in question 2 and 3. Unfortunately, it did not work out in question 4 and 5, why ever. And that's why I was confused. But your fix is working well and I'm still trying it this way.

One more question. How did you recognize the lost connection? Is there a trick or do you have special debugging tools. Because I couldn't recognize any obvious differences at the questions.

Thanks again! 

Richard Anciado

Hi Siegbert. Unfortunately, I don't have special debugging tools. However, there were 2 things that stood out for me.

1. Questions 4 and 5 didn't have any text on the Try Again Feedback unlike the others.

feedback

2. Only 3 slides were using the Try Again Feedback layout. You can check this from the Master view.

layout

From these, I deduced that your Erneut versuchen layer probably wasn't connected. So I created a new one and copied over the objects from the old layer. I'm glad it worked out.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.