Slide Duration

Apr 03, 2023

Hi, I have five slides. These all five slides include only one videos, totally five videos. There are navigation buttons as next and back on all slides for transition. However, I want that viewers can not use next button if not they watch the full video. I want a time limit to continue with next slide. How can I do? 

1 Reply
Steven Benassi

Hi Hasan!

It sounds like you want to ensure your learner is unable to proceed to other slides until they have viewed all media on the current slide. I‘d be happy to help!

Just to clarify. Are the videos you’re using hosted outside of Storyline? When a video is hosted outside of Storyline, the timeline of the video is not a part of the slide. Triggering items based on when the media completes will work best if the file is added directly to the project.

One option for achieving this would be to control how the Next button operates:

1. To make it disappear, add a trigger to change the state of the Next button to Hidden when the timeline starts.
  2. Create a trigger on the slide - change state of Next button to Normal when state of 'media completes’.

I’ve also included a sample file where I tested this solution and it works perfectly!

Please let me know if you have any more questions!