7 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi David,

Sorry to hear you're running into this issue! Could it be that you have a second monitor connected? If so, you may want to try the steps this community member suggested!

If not, simply try to close Storyline 360, and open it back up. And if all else fails, a repair may do the trick so that your layer properties window is showing up on-screen!

Lisa Willey

I had a similar issue when I had more than 1 monitor in use. If I was using the software in the smaller of my 2 monitors no issues but when I tried to use my larger monitor it would not show me the Variables window.

Who works on just 1 monitor? If software has an issue with multiple monitors in use at the same time that is concerning. 

My work around was just to use the smaller monitor when I wanted to see that option. 

Jason Simard

Hi,

I have the same issue as reported with the layer properties not showing with the latest update.

I just tested it out by reading the comments here.

I have 3 screens : 2, 4k screens and 1, 1080p.

So what I noticed is the only way to be able to see the layer properties is by opening my project first in my 1080p monitor. If I move my project to either one of my 4k monitor it just doesn't show and if I come back to my 1080p monitor it doesn't show anymore. It seems that there is a problem with 4k resolution monitors and showing the layer properties only.

This code broke with the latest update only, it was working fine before that.

I can work around it for now but I think this is an issue many users probably have.