Slides are disappearing from Storyline 360

Jun 24, 2022

The other day, I published a file to Review 360. Today I published the same file to Word and discovered that there was one slide missing in the Word version. I just reopened the project file to check into it and discovered that two more slides have disappeared since the Word output (a few hours ago). They are the two slides that were adjacent to the slide that initially disappeared. Any idea what could be happening? Fortunately, I have the Review version to use as a guideline for rebuilding that content but I'm reluctant to do more work if it will continue to vanish. Should I try quitting and renaming the file before doing more work in it?

1 Reply
John Morgan

Hi, Joe!

I’m sorry you’re having to deal with this issue! This sounds like erratic behavior, which could happen after an update doesn’t go as expected.

My first suggestion is to repair Storyline 360. You can also take a look here for additional suggestions when encountering erratic behavior.

If you’re still experiencing this issue after trying those steps, or if you need help with those instructions, please reach out through a support case here.

Before you start rebuilding any content, you can check to see if your files are in the TEMP folder. Here are the steps:

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline 
  2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of the project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. 
  3. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story. 
  4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline. 

Thanks for reaching out!”